Friday, January 21, 2011

CPPC

My name is Danny Lordan from Clonakilty. I have been interested in politics all my life. I was a member of Clonakilty UDC from 1999 to 2002. I was also chairman of Clonakilty UDC from 2000 to 2001.
Before and around that time I also served as Chairman of The Festival of West Cork, Clonakilty Town Twinning Association and a founding member and chairman of Clonakilty Chamber of Commerce.
I became politically active again last year as I saw our country stumble from one catastrophe to another. I developed a web site http://www.emeraldquill.net/ and started a blog on http://www.emeraldquillnet.blogspot.com/
I also had a facebook page "Emerald Quill" and a Twitter account "emeraldquillnet"
I posted there my vision(s) for Ireland and ways and means to get us out of the mire we are in.
I had a number of comments but not sufficient to start a movement for change.
Then around mid December I went to a CPPC meeting in Cork. It was the launch of their movement in Cork. I was impressed by what Diarmaid O' Cadhla and Brendan Dorris had to say. There were a few unanswered questions for me but by and large I saw potential here. They were ticking all the correct boxes.
I have stayed in touch with Diarmaid and Brendan and I have attended many meetings with them up and down the country.
We are now organizing three public meetings in Cork South West. One in Kinsale on Tuesday 25th January at 8-00 pm at The Blue Haven Hotel, the second one in Bantry on Thursday 27th January at 8-00 pm at The Bantry Bay Hotel and the third one at O'Donovan's Hotel , Clonakilty on Wednesday 2nd February at 8-00 pm.
Through these public meetings to which everyone is invited we are engaging with the electorate, discussing matters of huge concern and suggesting a new and innovative plan of how to deal with the current crises in our country.
CPPC is all about empowering people, restoring democracy into the hands of the people and returning accountability and authenticity to the citizens of this country. We are not aligned with any parties and in fact are against the party system as it currently exists. The party system with it's party whip has crippled this country in the support of vested interests.
The people need to reclaim their constitutional right to power by selecting, mandating and recalling TD's  ( messengers to the Dail ).
We would welcome all to attend our arranged meetings in Kinsale / Bantry  and Clonakilty. You can also learn more about my early work / proposals on the web site / blog mentioned earlier.
You can find out more about CPPC at http://www.cppc.ie/.  If you like what you see you can join the movement by registering on line.
Looking forward to meeting you in either Kinsale, Bantry, Clonakilty or indeed in any of the other venues we have arranged over the coming weeks.
West Cork has delivered great Leadership in the past through Michael Collins who came from Woodfield near Clonakilty. Ireland is crying out for Leadership. Now is the time for West Cork to step up to the plate again and give the country the Leadership it demands and richly deserves.
Yours Sincerely,

Danny Lordan

No comments:

Post a Comment